Jake and I are once again sitting on our little porch in Kampala while the boys are sleeping. We are so thankful to have power restored and once again be connected with the rest of the world!
Tomorrow is a big day for our family. Huge actually. We go before the Judge one last time to find out if he will grant us legal guardianship of Baby U. Currently we are ebbing and flowing through a wide range of emotions. One minute we are full of hope and excited about the potential that tomorrow holds. The next minute, one of us is struggling to not think about the "what if's".
Thankfully God is gracious and has given us each other to speak truth and remind us that God is great and can be trusted. Without a doubt God is growing us through this process. Please be praying that we are granted legal guardianship and that we will know by 11am our time. Thanks so much for praying us through this process!
On another note, here is what we've been up too lately...
- Baby U moved into our room! Here's a pic of his crib in the corner of our room.
- We've been without power the past couple of days.
- We found a place that delivers pizza! It was the best meal we've had in days!
- Camp has learned to make funny faces on command. : )
- We started a new bedtime routine of "storytime on the porch".
- We got permission to leave the "compound" and went on an "adventure" to by cokes down the hill. (It's the small things people!)
- Another couple arrived and are adopting one of Baby U's best friends. They live in Houston!
- We've been finding different ways to pass the time here. Bubbles were a big hit!
- This is our last day living at the baby home. We've been spending extra time loving on the little ones.
Again, thank you so much for all of your facebook messages and comments on our blog! It means the world to us to know that you are praying for us as we head into tomorrow! We will keep you posted! Until tomorrow...