Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Today


I get to hang out with this little man today. Truth is, I get to hang out with him most days since I'm a stay at home mom. But today seems different.

Today is one of those days, where I'm not on my A Game.... and he's not on his either. One of those days where everything seems a little off and nothing seems quite right. We both feel it.

On past days like this, I might have drug us both through the day in order to complete the never ending list of important To Do's. We would have both been miserable. We would have had very little joy and made few, if any, memories. There would have been many tears and mommy guilt over a raised voice or two.

Today is different.

Today, I decided to tune out the voice of my To Do list and tune into the voice of my child. Today we are taking things slower, getting things done when we can, and getting lots of hugs along the way.

We are finding joy today. We are spending more quality time in this slower pace to pray for baby U. We are having lots of talks about what days will look like once he is home with his brother.

We can't wait for that day.

Today is a good day.

7 comments:

Ellie said...

You're such a good mom!

Amanda said...

You're an awesome mom!

beth said...

Ah yes, the stupid to-do list. I've been battling with mine lately and often need a reminder that it is much more important to enjoy the days that we have with our little guys. Thanks for the reminder. :)

SusanM. said...

That's beautiful! What a wise momma!

Krista said...

You girls are too sweet. Glad it was a good reminder for you Beth... hope you can remind me of it in the future when I lose sight of things once again.

sara said...

Love this! So hard to take cues when there are things on the to-do list but oh so wonderful when we slow down and enjoy the little things. Can't wait for that day too friend!!

sara said...

Love this! So hard to take cues when there are things on the to-do list but oh so wonderful when we slow down and enjoy the little things. Can't wait for that day too friend!!