Monday, June 22, 2009

Jake's First Father's Day

So, I pretty much think that Jake is the best dad ever! He really has come by it so naturally. Camp absolutely adores his dad and we couldn't wait to celebrate him on Father's Day! Camp and I talked and came up with a great plan to give Jake a "guy's day" at a cigar lounge in Houston with one of his best friends Nason. They had a great time telling old stories, solving the world's problems and making new friends all over several cigars! It turned into a great weekend with friends. We were able to stay with my parents and enjoy their great hospitality! On Father's Day we got to dedicate Camp at church. It was such a neat moment for us! We got to share with Camp what our prayer is for him and what we promise to do to help him know God. My mom and dad were able to come in town for the dedication and Father's Day so we had a Father's Day lunch after church to celebrate our dad's and Jake. After that we had a much needed family night in our new home! (Oh... and by the way... Camp picked out some great outdoor speakers for his dad's sweet new porch! He has great taste.)

Jake,
I love you so much! This is such a sweet time in our lives together seeing you be a dad to Camp. I love seeing how much he lights up when you walk into the room! He loves playing with you! I love seeing how much he is like you. I have prayed that he would grow up to be just like his dad and I am already seeing that prayer answered. Seeing you as a dad is like seeing a whole new side of you I never knew. I have fallen so much more in love with you because of that! You are an amazing dad and husband! Thank you for giving us a clear picture of Christ's love for us in how you love us. We love you!






We love you Jake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too precious! I love how having a baby brings about this whole new side of your husband for you to love even more - it's amazing!