Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day



Well, I realize that I am posting this super late, but with the move, living with Jake's parents and losing my camera cord, blogging took a back burner. BUT, I am working really hard to start blogging more regularly.

So, this was my very first Mother's Day and it was so great! Jake likes to make most events last a whole weekend (one of the things I love about him) and Mother's Day was no exception. Since it was our last weekend to finish packing we did have to pack off and on during the weekend, but Jake made sure we had time to celebrate! We spent Friday afternoon as a family. Camp took me to one of my new favorite stores (Charming Charlies) to pick out a new outfit for my big day! (Thank you Camp!) That Saturday my parents came in town for the day and my mom and I got pedicures and they gave me a precious Willow Tree figurine of a mother and her son. Jake got up with Camp for his early morning feeding on Sunday and let me wake up to a cinnamon roll breakfast before our long journey to church. After church we started a new Mother's Day tradition of going to Sno Beach for a "bahama mama" sno cone (what else would you get on mother's day?) and a family walk around Town Lake. It was so much fun! I love our new tradition! Once we got home we gave Camp solids for the first time! I had been pretty excited about starting solids with him and Jake thought that Mother's Day would be the perfect day for it. 

I had a great day with my family and feel so blessed to have such a precious little boy in my life now! I love being a mom!





2 comments:

McKay said...

I love the excited Krista face! hooray!

Krista said...

Thanks McKay! I miss you friend!