Friday, October 28, 2011

a very good day

Today has been a good day.

We left the house first thing this morning to head to the doctor. We were needing to get Enock's TB test results read and were feeling a bit nervous about it. If it was positive, then we would have to do more testing and be here for a while longer. Plus, he might have TB. So, needless to say, we were hoping for a negative. And it was! So the day started off great!

After that we ate an incredible breakfast, picked up E's passport and the last of our paperwork from our lawyer. Which means we accomplished everything we needed to get done this week in order to come home next week!

In fact, we were feeling so good about that we decided to get E's hair cut (pictures coming soon). He looks pretty cute and he knows it. : )

And then, to top it all off...

... we received this beauty from the best friends in the world!

Seriously, I was so excited.

I am now drinking a hot cup of my newly gifted Starbucks Via and reflecting on just how gracious our God was to us today.

Tomorrow we head off to a resort here in Kampala. Since this has been our only family vacation of the year and my birthday was this week, Jake decided we should do a little family overnight at a resort nearby. We are excited to have our own space for the first time in 3 weeks; even if it's only for a night. We are also excited about taking the boys swimming. This should be E's first time in the pool!

Everyday Enock is bonding more and more with all of us and we are so grateful. It warms my heart to see him fall in love with his new family.

Seriously... how cute are these boys?!

So, here is what's next for us:

- the U.S. side of the orphan investigation to clear
- our Visa interview followed by the processing of E's Visa
- booking flights home!

On Monday morning we will be going to the embassy in hopes that our investigation is done and we are able to have our Visa Interview. Please be praying that we are able to do our interview on Monday!

Also, be praying that we are able to change our return flights home to next week. We spoke with our travel agent today and she said that it would cost us almost $800 more to change our flights to next week. Unless she is able to find something cheaper on Monday, we will not be able to fly home before November 7th. So please be praying that she is able to find a cheaper flight for us either on Wednesday or Thursday of next week!

Thank you so much for praying for us! We can't wait to see you guys!

{ While you are here... take a second and enter to win the Kampala with Love necklace over at! It will only take a minute and it will show me a lot of love! : ) }


~N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole Palacios said...

LOVE following along with your blog Krista! So happy for you guys!!
God is so good!!

Cynthia said...

We are so excited for you guys! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, what God is doing!! Praying He provides those flights! Have a GREAT time at the resort!!